This is a video introduction provided by Canada Revenue Agency. It provides newcomers to Canada with general information on the of the Canadian tax system.
In this video, the expert answered following questions:
- Why do we pay taxes in Canada?
- What kinds of taxes there are in Canada?
- Which taxes do the federal, provincial, and territorial governments collect?
- Are there any other taxes that the CRA collects on behalf of the federal government?
- Who pays taxes in Canada?
- What types of income are taxable?
- Is my employer responsible for some deductions, for instance, Canada Pension Plan, employment insurance premiums etc.?
- How do I know how much has been deducted from my pay throughout the year?