The Low Income Monthly Pass is a discounted transit pass for Calgarians that meet the eligibility criteria. Low Income Monthly Transit Passes are $44/month.
According to the Calgary Transit’s website, here are the requirements:
- Resident of Calgary (proof of address required, PO Boxes, rural route addresses and bank statements are not accepted as proof of residency).
- Youths aged 6 to 17 are now eligible to apply for a Low Income Monthly Transit Pass.
- Youths not living at home and attending school may bring in a letter from the principal or guidance councillor of their school. The letter must be written on the school’s letterhead and must verify the residence of the youth. Eligibility period will be for six months.
- An approval letter from the Child and Youth Support Program of Alberta Children’s Services dated within the previous 30 days. Unless there is an expiry date on the letter the eligibility period will be for six months
- Do you meet the Low Income Cut-Off? Learn more
If you are eligible for a Low Income Monthly Transit Pass, you can buy it at following locations:
- Calgary Transit’s Customer Service Centre
- City Hall, 3rd floor cashiers
- Village Square Leisure Centre
- Southland Leisure Centre
For more information about Low Income Monthly Pass, please visit Calgary Transit’s website.