This is a video introduction, part of the Canada Revenue Agency’s Newcomers to Canada and the Canadian Tax System video.
In this video, the expert answered following questions:
- Does a newcomer have to report or file an income tax and benefit return even if they did not live in Canada all year?
- Since a newcomer arrived in Canada, he/she has had no income? Does he/she have to file a return?
- Which tax and benefit package should a newcomer use?
- Where can a newcomer get a general income tax and benefit return?
- What information does a newcomer need to include on his/her first income tax return?
For information about the Canadian Tax System, please visit this link.