The City of Calgary’s Fall Recreation Program Guide offers more than 3,400 programs for Calgarians to help them prepare for fall and back-to-school season this year. The registration has opened!
Following are examples of some of new and unique programs and activities for Calgarians to discover their potential.
- Zumba for kids. It’s a fun, high energy dance party.
- Outdoor rock climbing. A 40-foot climbing wall located inside the courtyard at Beltline Aquatic & Fitness Centre.
- Ski, snowboard and mountain bike conditioning. To help with stamina and stability on the slopes.
- Burlesque. Cabaret-style dance where you can express your inner diva.
- Real Men Do Yoga. Specifically designed for men to increase their range of motion and flexibility.
- Karate Tambo Training. A karate class with the Tambo stick – yes, just like real ninjas.
- Parent and Baby Fit Together. Get stronger while spending time with your new baby.
- Cricket. A sport quickly gaining more and more popularity in Calgary.
- Build your Retirement Recreation Success Plan. Our active version of the RRSP.
- Cooking Monsters. Where kids can learn about nutrition and food selection.
- Sailing in September. A six person sunset cruise along the banks of the Glenmore Reservoir.
- Figure skating. Spin, jump and glide on ice.
- Birdwatching. Spot local and migratory birds through your binoculars.
- Family golf. ‘Tee’ up family time inside the golf dome.
- Upcycled Art. Create cool sculptures out of previously-used materials.
You are able to build your custom recreation program guide, please visit the City of Calgary – My Recreation Guide.
Source: Calgary City News Blog: Fifteen ways to discover your potential this fall