The City of Calgary will pick up real Christmas trees from your households that receive residential garbage collection.
“You can place real Christmas trees on the ground near your black cart collection spot by 7 a.m. on Friday January 8, 2016 and leave it out.” Before recycling your tree, you need to remove all decorations, tinsel, string, plastic and tree stands, and you should not bag or wrap tree (including recycling tree bags).
In Calgary, there are eight temporary drop-off locations for recycling real Christmas trees. You can also bring your real Christmas trees to a temporary location until January 31, 2016:
- Fire Hall #15 – 6328 35 Avenue NW
- Prairie Winds Park – South Parking Lot, 54 Avenue & Castleridge Blvd NE
- Bottomlands Park – St. George’s Drive and 7 Avenue NE
- Marda Loop Communities Association – 3130 16 Street SW
- Parks Compound – 10312 Sacramento Drive SW
- Spyhill Landfill – 69 Street and 112 Avenue NW
- East Calgary Landfill – 17 Avenue and 68 Street SE
- Shepard Landfill – 114 Avenue and 68 Street SE
For more information about Christmas tree recycling please visit: http://www.calgary.ca/UEP/WRS/Pages/Recycling-information/Residential-services/Organics-recycling/Christmas-Tree-Recycling-Program.aspx