Record your trips outside of Canada

Settlement ISC Uncategorized

If you are a temporary or permanent resident, it is a good idea to record down any trips outside of Canada by air, land or boat, including day trips to the United States. This is information that is required when you apply for a new Permanent Resident card and even when you apply for citizenship. The Government of Canada has made a downloadable travel journal that helps you remember your trips. Things to keep in mind when you record your trips are:

  • The date you left and the date you came back to Canada, even if it is the same day
  • Countries you visited
  • Why you left (eg: vacation, work, family, etc.)
  • Include any day trips (less than 24 hours), including to the United States

For more information, visit