On March 18, 2020, Government of Alberta announced its new funding and supportive measures that will provide immediate financial relief to Alberta’s families, This includes:
- Emergency Isolation Support
- “a temporary program for working adult Albertans who must self-isolate because they meet the Government of Alberta’s published criteria for self-isolation, including persons who are the sole caregiver for a dependent who must self-isolate because they meet the public health criteria, and who will not have another source of pay or compensation while they are self-isolated.”
- Utility Payment Holiday
- Residential, farm, and small commercial customers can defer bill payments for the next 90 days to ensure no one will be cut off from these services during this time of crisis.
- Student Loans Repayment Holiday
- Six-months, interest-free moratorium on Alberta student loan payments for all individuals who are in the process of repaying these loans.
To learn what measures the Government of Alberta is providing banks & credit unions, employers or to learn more, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=698455D70096B-DF57-A62A-778266237F3241C8