With the situation related to COVID-19 evolving rapidly around the world, the Government of Canada has benefits for both individuals and in your workplace.
For individuals, there are
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Canada Child Benefit
- Eligible recipients will receive $300 more per child with their regular May CCB payment.
- Canada Student Loans
- Government of Canada has announced its plan to pause the repayment of Canada Student Loans and Canada Apprentice Loans until September 30, 2020, with no accrual of interest.
- Passport services
Canadians with urgent travel needs may obtain passport services if they:
- have a serious illness, or must tend to the serious illness or death of another individual they have had a relationship with;
- suffer from economic hardships due to loss of job or business (the cost of an airline, bus or train ticket does not constitute economic hardship); or
- must travel for humanitarian grounds, supported by the requesting organization.
For workplace individuals, there are:
- Employment Insurance – Record of Employment
If your employees are directly affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) and they are no longer working, you must issue a Record of Employment (ROE).
When the employee is sick or quarantined, use code D (Illness or injury) as the reason for separation (block 16). Do not add comments.
- Work-Sharing Program
- extend the Work-Sharing agreements by an additional 38 weeks
- wave the mandatory waiting period between agreements
- ease the recovery plan requirements
For more information, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html