If you would like to request for a food hamper from the Calgary Food Bank, please call 403-253-2055. Please be patient because their phones are very busy. If your call is disconnected, please keep trying. You must call first as hamper distribution is by appointment only.
Once you have called and been approved for a Food Hamper, you will book an appointment to pick-up your hamper. You can pick-up your hamper at the main Calgary Food Bank location or one of the satellite locations.
To practice social distancing protocols and to ensure the safety of our community, the Calgary Food Bank is switching to a drive-thru model of hamper distribution. Please follow the traffic instructions. Please ensure you have room in your vehicle, ideally your trunk, for your hamper. This is critical to ensure safe distances for you, the staff and volunteers, and stop the spread of this virus.
- It is extremely important that you arrive only at your assigned pick-up time!
- If you arrive earlier than the assigned time you will be asked to move back in the queue.
- If you later than the assigned time, you will be asked to reschedule for another time.
- If you arrive without an appointment, you may be asked to exit the line, call the hamper request line and return at your designated time slot. We understand this is not ideal but we are focusing on trying to meet the demand in an unprecedented scenario.
- If you do not have a vehicle, please let our volunteers know when you phone and they can walk you through the process.
For more information, please visit https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/needfood/