The Government of Alberta’s Emergency Isolation Support program is now closed after successfully distributing funds to over 79,596 eligible Albertans since the launch of the program, for a total of approximately $91.7 million, close to double the amount originally allocated.
The Government of Alberta has announced an Emergency Isolation Support for eligible working Albertans. Those who are eligible can receive a one time payment of $1,146 if they:
- experienced total or significant loss of income as a result of having to self-isolate, or are the sole caregiver of a dependent who is self-isolating, and
- have no other source of compensation, such as workplace sick leave benefits or federal employment insurance benefits
Eligible Albertans may apply online to receive the grant by email transfer (Interac e-Transfer).
To apply online, you need:
- a personal email
- a MyAlberta Digital ID
- a bank account at a bank that offers Interac e-Transfers
- a valid Alberta driver’s licence or identification card
- the start date of your self-isolation or when you started to take care of a loved one due to COVID-19, and
- your Alberta Personal Health Number.
If you don’t have a verified MyAlberta Digital ID, you will need a valid Alberta driver’s licence or identification card in order to receive the payment.
For more information, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/emergency-isolation-support.aspx