IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is Canada’s most popular English-language test for work, study and migration.
If you are a newcomer to Canada and English is not an official language in your home country, you are probably familiar with IELTS and have taken it. Even after landing in Canada as a permanent resident, you may be required to go through certain professional licensing and certification process to go back to your profession. In this process, you may also need to take IELTS to prove your English skills.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the IELTS test has been suspended in most test centers in Alberta to help protect everyone’s safety. To support students affected by the restrictions during this special time, IELTS has launched IELTS Indicator online tests.
As a test taker, you will benefit from IELTS Indicator by:
– taking the test from the comfort and safety of your home
– having your English language skills assessed in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
– taking the Speaking test via video call with an IELTS Examiner
What do equipment do you need to prepare before booking your IELTS Indicator test?
– A quiet space at home
– A laptop or desktop computer (you cannot use a cellphone or tablet)
– A stable Internet connection
– Speakers or headphones for your Listening test
– A microphone for your Speaking test
The IELTS Indicator test will be available for a limited time in locations where in-person IELTS testing is not possible due to COVID-19. Bookings will open on April 22, 2020.
* It is important to note that IELTS Indicator provides an indicative score only, it is not accepted by all organizations. Be sure to check first before you book.
To learn more about IELTS Indicator, please visit www.ieltsindicator.com