Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau announced on April 21 that there will be an investment of $350 million to support vulnerable Canadians through charities and non-profit organizations that deliver essential services to those in need.
COVID-19 has been impacting those who are most vulnerable the most leading to a greater need for community based organizations. To help these vulnerable Canadians, the Government of Canada will provide additional support to charities and non-profit organizations through the Emergency Community Support Fund.
It will support a variety of activities, such as:
- Increasing volunteer-based home deliveries of groceries and medications
- Providing transportation services, like accompanying or driving seniors or persons with disabilities to appointments
- Scaling up help lines that provide information and support
- Helping vulnerable Canadians access government benefits
- Providing training, supplies, and other required supports to volunteers so they can continue to make their invaluable contributions to the COVID-19 response
- Replacing in-person, one-on-one contact and social gatherings with virtual contact through phone calls, texts, teleconferences, or the Internet
For more information, please visithttps://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/04/21/prime-minister-announces-further-support-help-canadians-need