How to return or repay CERB

Michelle Mak COVID-19, Newcomer Information, Updates

If you want to return or repay the CERB because you:

  • return to work earlier than expected
  • applied for CERB but later realize you’re not eligible

You now have the option to return or repay your CERB payment now.

If you still have the original CERB cheque, you can return the cheque by mail to the address below:

Revenue Processing – Repayment of CERB
Sudbury Tax Centre
1050 Notre Dame Avenue
Sudbury ON P3A 0C3

If you don’t have the cheque or you were paid by direct deposit, you can mail your repayment to the CRA. Please make sure to:

  1. Make payment out to “Receiver General for Canada”
  2. Indicate it is for “Repayment of CERB”
  3. Include your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or your Temporary Tax Number (TTN)

For more information, please visit