The Government of Alberta is further reinforcing their ability to detect new cases by expanding their testing eligibility and the list of COVID symptoms that qualify a person for testing.
Individuals who have any of the following symptoms are eligible for testing:
- A new cough or worsening of a chronic cough;
- New or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Sore throat or painful swallowing;
- Stuffy or runny nose;
- Muscle or joint aches;
- Feeling unwell in general, or new fatigue or severe exhaustion;
- Gastrointestinal symptoms including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste, or;
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye.
Another update is that the Government of Alberta will now be expanding the availability of testing to all close contacts of confirmed cases, whether they are feeling symptoms or not. This is because some who get infected might be “asymptomatic”, meaning they are showing no symptoms.
If you are showing symptoms, please do the self-assessment here: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx
To learn more, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=71260D2925D55-9F65-33F6-37AF52D01BDC7045