On May 14, Stage 1 of Alberta’s Relaunch formally took effect. As part of stage 1 of the relaunch strategy, museums and art galleries are reopening, including these two provincial museums:
- The Royal Alberta Museum is reopening on May 16.
- The Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology is reopening on May 22.
From opening day to June 30, both these two museums will be offering a 20% discount on opening weekend and weekdays.
Safety is the most important! When visiting museums, you are still required to take precautions and follow public health guidance:
- Wear non-medical masks in public places when you find it hard to keep a 2-meter distance from others.
- Wash your hands and use the hand sanitizer stations in the museum.
- Please only look, and do not touch.
- Be patient, don’t crowd around exhibits, and wait for your turn.
- Follow all posted directional and instructional signage.
Want to plan a trip to museums with your family this upcoming long weekend? Read more about Visitor Guidelines for reopening museums. Also, please remember to check the museum’s website for operating hours before going.