As Alberta is relaunching, places of worship are also starting to reopen throughout Alberta. Here are a few things to keep in mind during this time:
- Everyone should use the self-assessment tool before attending.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between people who are not from the same household at all times.
- Everyone has the decision to choose to wear non-medical masks, however, it is not required if physical distancing is maintained at all times.
- Infants and children should remain with their parents or guardians at all times. Please note that nursery/children’s church is not permitted.
- Individuals not from the same household should be reminded to maintain physical distancing when returning to vehicles or homes.
- Two cohort families can sit together with sufficient spacing between them and other cohort family pairs.
- Remember to sanitize your hands upon entry and exit
- Please do not share any food or beverages for the time being
- Any contact between congregants such as hand shaking or the sharing of communal items (e.g. communion chalice) must be prohibited
- Congregational singing is a high-risk activity and is not allowed. Infected people can transmit the virus through their saliva or respiratory droplets while singing. Please consider alternatives such as soloist music or piano/guitar offertories instead.
For more information, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-relaunch-guidance-places-of-worship.pdf