“Every Woman Can: The Maria Eriksen Memorial Bursary” is offering five bursaries at $2,000 each to support immigrant women in reaching their career goals.
To apply for this bursary, you must meet these requirements:
- be an immigrant woman residing in Alberta. You can be either a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- be currently going to school to return to your profession before moving to Canada
- have financial need
- enrolled in an officially recognized educational institution for Fall 2020.
The deadline to apply for this bursary is June 15, 2020. Don’t miss it if you are interested! You can apply online here: Calgary Foundation’s Student Awards Portal.
You can read more about this bursary on page 26 of this PDF document.
Word of the Day:
– Bursary: a sum of money offered to support a student to attend a college or university
These two words are very similar and people sometimes mix them up:
- A bursary is based on the student’s financial need
- A scholarship is an award given to a student for his/her excellent academic or non-academic performance, e.g. in Biology, athletics, community service, etc.