Currently in Alberta, libraries are listed in Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy and the Library has developed a reopening approach that includes limited access to locations in accordance with public health and safety guidelines and physical distancing practices.
The Library is launching Curbside Holds Service that will be expanded to most locations by June 9. Please keep in mind the following:
- Check the hours of operation for your pick-up location online before visiting.
- Once you’ve arrived at your location, call the pickup number that’s posted outside. Staff will then prepare your holds.
- Please remain in your vehicle or stand away from the entrance while staff bring your holds and place them on the pickup table.
- Once staff are back inside the Library, you can approach the table and pick up your holds. Please do not place any personal bags or other belongings on the table.
- Please maintain physical distance of at least two metres from anyone else in the area.
Watch this video for more information on contactless pick up!
Keep in mind that if you have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19, have recently travelled outside Canada, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
The Library is not accepting any returns at this time. Due dates have been extended and no fines will accrue.
For more information, please visit https://calgarylibrary.ca/about-the-library/our-path-to-reopening/