June 20 will be the Calgary Neighbour Day in 2020. Did you know about the history of this special celebration?
The Calgary Neighbour Day started in 2014. The original purpose was to celebrate the incredible support that Calgarians showed to one another after the 2013 floods. Ever since then, the Neighbour Day has been held each year on the third Saturday of June. Today it has grown into a celebration of Calgary’s strong and caring communities.
This year, due to COVID-19, you might find it difficult to connect and support one another in your communities. The City of Calgary suggests that we celebrate the Neighbour Day 2020 in these creative ways:
- Host a virtual Neighbour Day event using video conferencing to connect with your neighbours
- Fill out your Neighbour Day pledge card at ca/NeighbourDay
- Decorate your yard in red and white using balloons, lights and artwork and keep them up until Canada Day (July 1).
- Participate in the scavenger hunt.
- Share your photos and videos on social media using #YYCNeighbourDay.
Start planning today!
Word of Day:
Incredible: difficult to believe, wonderful, remarkable