The following information is for passengers of taxi, limo or rideshares:
- Make sure you are only sharing of rides with members of your same household.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after using the service.
- Consider wearing a non-medical procedure or cloth mask.
The following information is for those who work in the taxi, limo or rideshare industry:
- Before accepting a ride request, please ask the client if they are legally required to quarantine or isolate due to COVID-19.
- If there is more than one passenger, confirm with clients that only members of the same household will be riding together.
Drivers should pay attention to their hygiene:
- Wash hands frequently or use alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, away from others, and sanitize your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Drivers should wash clothes between shifts.
- Self-screen for symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or runny nose before starting work.
- Consider wearing a non-medical, procedural or cloth mask.
- Ensure the airflow in the vehicle is not be set to the recirculating setting
Cleanliness of the car:
- Increase frequency of cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces,
- such as door handles (internal and external), seatbelt clasps, window controls, payment devices, seats and armrests, steering wheel, mobile devices and GPS.
- It is recommended that vehicle cleaning logs be kept
- Use contactless payment and avoid cash payments, where possible.
- Ask single riders to sit in the back seat, opposite the driver, to maintain the greatest distance.
- Allow passengers to enter, exit, load and collect belongings without assistance, where possible.
- Consider installing a physical barrier, such as a clear acrylic sheet, to separate the driver from passenger seating.
- Avoid transporting clients together who are not from the same household.
For more information on prevention of COVID-19 or more in-depth details of the above, visit https://open.alberta.ca/publications/covid-19-information-guidance-for-taxis-limos-rideshares
This guideline is available in Punjabi, Somali and Urdu!