COVID-19 travel restrictions have been affecting citizenship applications, ceremonies, and processing times.
To keep everyone safe, the following citizenship events have been canceled until further notice:
- in-person citizenship ceremonies
- citizenship tests and retests
- in-person and videoconference hearings
- interviews, etc.
Canadian Immigration and Citizenship has recently announced that they are now inviting some citizenship applicants to attend online video oath ceremonies (citizenship ceremonies). The oath-taking part will take place online in a video call.
Exciting, isn’t it? Please be patient and wait to be contacted. If you have provided your email address in your application, you will be informed by email:
- Look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca.”;
- Remember to check your junk or spam folder in case you miss the message.
More information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html?utm_source=SMAC&fbclid=IwAR1KVS3bH4qV7jD8SAY84_PkPXnLCi_5e09eM5YiBDzpqIivjWSLcyGp7JA