Bag-Half-Full is a student initiative that supports seniors and vulnerable populations by offering FREE grocery and prescription delivery services.
Bag-Half-Full began at UofA and has now expanded to 7 Canadian cities in response to the COVID pandemic.
They cater to individuals/families who are sick, self-isolating and/or immunocompromised, as well as individuals who are elderly or have disabilities that limit their access to grocery services.
Those who fit this criteria can access the following services:
- Pick-up and delivery of online grocery orders
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Prescription pick-up and delivery
There is no delivery or service fee, individuals can pay for their groceries online in advance OR they can use e-transfer, cash or cheque to pay the amount on the final receipt to the volunteer that paid for and picked up the order themselves.
Orders can be placed several ways including:
1. Using the following google form: https://forms.gle/inDDf7Sr2iKze8W48
2. Via their website (connects you to the form above): https://www.baghalffull.com/calgary
3. By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4. By phone at 587-982-3804
All their volunteers are recruited from health care professional programs in Alberta, including UofC, UofA, MRU and SAIT. Most of their volunteers are students and ALL are required to have background checks.
For more information, please visit https://www.baghalffull.com/calgary