Campgrounds in Banff National Park will reopen at a reduced capacity, beginning June 22! All reservations made before June 22 will be canceled and refunded automatically.
On the following dates, reservations will be available for front and backcountry campgrounds:
- Wednesday, June 24, 8:00 am MT Banff backcountry campgrounds
- Friday, June 26, 8:00 am MT Banff front-country campgrounds
There will be some limitations:
- Cooking shelters and showers facilities will still be closed.
- Washrooms are open at limited capacity.
- Backcountry campgrounds will be made available as trails and campgrounds become snow-free.
- Backcountry campgrounds accessed from the east section of the Bow Valley Parkway must be booked by calling the Banff Visitor Information Centre at 1 (403) 762 1556.
More information and update: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/banff/visit/covid-19-info
Word of the Day:
Backcountry: remote undeveloped rural areas where nearly no one lives, wilderness.
The opposite of “backcountry” is “frontcountry”. “Frontcountry” is outdoor areas that you can get to by car and are mostly visited during the day.