The City of Calgary Parks and Recreation has created a series of at-home activities for K-12 kids called Citizens of Calgary learning activities.
It is an activity plan for kids focusing on different Calgary Council Priorities:
- a prosperous city
- a city of inspiring neighbourhoods
- a city that moves
- a healthy and green city and a well-run city
For example, one of the activities is making your own Waste and Recycling Pop Quiz.
What do you need?
- A marker or pen
- A computer, smartphone or tablet
- Internet connection
How does it work?
- Visit ca/whatgoeswhere. Read through the hundreds of items and choose common items, as well as more unknown items to use in your quiz. You don’t want your quiz to be too easy!
- Cut the paper into smaller pieces. Then write down the items on the front of the paper. On the back of the paper, write down which cart they should go.
- Quiz a family or friend over video chat to see how many they can guess correctly.
Find more fun activities based on Calgary Council Priorities at https://www.calgary.ca/…/W…/Week-10-Learning-Activities.aspx
Word of the Day:
Prosperous: successful financially