If you get a text message saying you received a deposit for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), it is a scam!
- Do not reply or click on the link;
- Delete the text message;
- Block the number;
- Warn others around you!
Make sure you have the right link or number before you apply for CERB. There are the two ways to apply:
- Online at ca/Coronavirus
- By automated toll-free phone at 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041 (bilingual)
Other useful information on CERB:
- A Step-by-Step Video Guide: How to apply for CERB – English, Arabic and Spanish
- CERB Information in Multiple Languages
- How to return or repay CERB
Learn how to protect yourself from scams: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/security/protect-yourself-against-fraud.html?fbclid=IwAR0oSKf7moNRSFBNfFW39hnWekn2Tf7Y1kcP0tdD0Ar1oEEOf1ztQszfDwo
Word of the Day:
Block (verb): to put an obstacle in the way. When you block a phone number, you are preventing that number from texting or calling you. Most smartphones nowadays have this option.