On July 1, Calgary Transit has launched a mobile ticketing app called My Fare. Never need to line up again to buy transit tickets and passes! You can now do it anytime from anywhere using your smartphones.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use this app:
- Download My Fare for free from Google Play Store. Note that as of July 2, the app is still in the process of being approved by the App Store for iOS (Apple) devices;
- Install the app, and complete a one-time account setup (optional) using your myID account;
- Select “Buy Ticket” and choose your ticket type. You can now choose among:
- Adult and Youth monthly pass (calendar month)
- Adult and Youth day pass
- Adult and Youth single tickets
- Airport Boarding Pass
- Read through the ticket regulations before clicking “Accept & Continue”. Note that if you are buying a monthly pass, you will be asked to log into your Caglary MyID account first.
- Enter your payment info. If you are paying for the first time, click on “Pay with New Card”. The app currently accepts:
- Visa or Visa Debit
- Mastercard or Mastercard Debit
- American Express
- Payment through Apple Pay later once the app becomes available in the Apple Store.
- Once the payment goes through, the pass will be delivered to your ticket wallet right away.
- Activate your ticket just prior to boarding your bus. If you are taking a CTrain, activate it right before entering the fare restricted area at a CTrain station.
- Be ready to show it to a Calgary Transit official when asked.
- Scan your ticket on the onboard scanner on your bus, or show it to a Calgary Transit Peace Officer, if requested.
During COVID-19, you are required to board the bus at the rear doors, so at the moment you won’t need to scan your ticket or pass.
More information: http://www.calgarytransit.com/myfare
Word of the Day:
Prior to: before (a time or event)