“As COVID-19 restrictions ease, Canadians still face uncertainty and anxiety about the pandemic itself, the economy and the added stress at home and at work.” To combat this, the YW Calgary is offering Canadians a free online 15-minute tool from their Mindfulcity program called “Coping with Uncertainty” until September 6, 2020.
This module helps people better regulate their emotions and manage uncertainty at work and at home by exploring:
- the difference between healthy and unhealthy stress,
- what emotional triggers might cause stress,
- how stress affects us, and
- how to take action to build resilience and manage our stress levels as we prepare for the uncertainty ahead.
The 15-minute tool includes animated videos and activities to engage users while providing them with easy-to-follow steps that offer immediate relief. Once complete, there are links to additional resources for users to download tips and tricks for coping during stressful times.
Mindfulicity’s Coping with Uncertainty module will be available for all Canadians for free until September 6, 2020 and can be accessed by registering here.
For more information please visit https://www.ywcalgary.ca/news/media-release-yw-calgary-offers-a-new-free-online-15-minute-tool-to-help-canadians-cope-with-uncertainty/?fbclid=IwAR2UT-gKMO9zhTe6sgGlWsqVFEO6ArLQdINytRXiMyNGohqtJRJAJk5BOMs
Image taken from https://www.ywcalgary.ca/
Word of the Day:
- deal effectively with something difficult.
- Example: He is coping with his heart break.