Have you applied to become a Canadian citizen, passed the citizenship knowledge test, and been waiting for the oath-taking ceremony? If the answer is yes, here’s some good news for you:
Virtual Citizenship Ceremonies have finally started in Calgary!
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has been inviting eligible applicants to take the Oath of Citizenship online. In response to the COVID-19 situation, the Oath will be administered by video using Zoom.
You will receive an invitation by email detailing the date and time of your Video Oath Ceremony. The email will provide you with all the information you need for the important day:
- The Zoom link, ID, and password
- The Oath of Citizenship in English and French (so you can practice saying it before the ceremony)
- Detailed instruction on what you should have ready during the session, including but may NOT be limited to:
- Your Permanent resident card or Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002;
- 2 pieces of personal ID, one of which must bear your photograph and signature;
- A good pair of scissors. Yes, you will be asked to cut your Permanent Resident card on screen during the ceremony;
- An unsigned printed copy of the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form (attached to the e-mail) and a good pen;
If you wear a face covering, be prepared that you’ll be asked to remove it during registration for identity verification.
If you are not available at the date and time, you can reply to the email asking to be rescheduled.
Haven’t received the invitation email? Please be patient and wait to be contacted.
If you have provided your email address in your application, you will be informed by email:
- Look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca.”;
- Remember to check your junk or spam folder in case you miss the message.
More information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html?utm_source=SMAC&fbclid=IwAR1KVS3bH4qV7jD8SAY84_PkPXnLCi_5e09eM5YiBDzpqIivjWSLcyGp7JA#s1