The Government of Alberta has announced today that K-12 students will return to learning in classrooms across Alberta at the beginning of the new school year.
Schools will implement a number of public health measures, including
- frequent cleaning of surfaces
- placing hand sanitizers at school entrances and classrooms
- grouping students in cohorts
- planning the school day to allow for physical distancing (staggering start times for classes, recesses and lunches, etc.)
The Government of Alberta has developed a re-entry tool kit to prepare parents and students for what to expect in the new school year. The tool kit includes:
- videos for students explaining some of the health measures
- a guide for parents
- frequently asked questions
- school posters
- links to health guidelines.
- a self-screening questionnaire in 10 languages (English, French, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Urdu, Vietnamese)
All you need to know about K to 12 school re-entry: https://www.alberta.ca/k-to-12-school-re-entry-2020-21-school-year.aspx
Word of the Day:
Recess: a break between school classes.