How to stay cool in the hot summer weather? Visit one of the spray parks and wading pools managed by the City of Calgary!
These wading pools and spray parks are un-guarded facilities open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m:
- Bowness Park – 8900 48 Ave. N.W.
- Prairie Winds Park – 223 Castleridge Blvd. N.E.
- Rotary Park – 617 1 St. N.E.
- South Glenmore Park (Variety Park) – 90 Ave. & 24 St. S.W.
To keep you and your children safe, the City has done the following:
- Kept water running continuously for spray parks so you do not need to touch the dials and buttons;
- Limiting how many people can use the spray parks at one time;
- Painted circles in the grassy areas to highlight proper physical distancing.
Please check out the most updated information on the City’s website prior to your visit!
Words of the Day:
Wading pool: a shallow artificial pool for children to play or paddle in.
Spray park: a children’s play area where water is sprayed from the top or bottom and then drained away before it can accumulate.