Directions for Immigrants is hosting a study group – Fundamentals of Engineering, for engineers starting in September.
The Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is a study group that focuses on assisting internationally educated engineers in reviewing competencies as outlined by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.
There are facilitated sessions that focus on the fundamentals of engineering and is facilitated by a licensed engineer, and peer study sessions that provide an opportunity to collaborate with others in your discipline and study the materials required for it. This is a free program for those who are eligible.
- Be an internationally educated engineer
- Have been assessed by APEGA to write the FE exam and provide proof
- Be scheduled to write the FE exam within one month of completing the study group
- Write and pass an assessment test to assess your math skills. Clients who do not pass the assessment may be given a second opportunity to write another assessment. This assessment must be written 5 full business days before the start of the study group.
- Complete a study group assessment
- Be ready, willing and able to commit to the attendance rules
- Be ready, willing and able to study the required hours per week
- Be approved by a career coach/facilitator/coordinator
September 26, 2020 to February 3, 2021
9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Saturdays) and 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm (Wednesdays)
Number of Sessions:
15 Saturdays and 15 Wednesdays, 30 sessions in total
If you are interested, please call Directions for Immigrants office to make an appointment to meet a career coach, phone 403-770-5155
For more information, please visit https://directionsforimmigrants.ca/services/study-groups/fe