Want to volunteer for the City of Calgary? Here’s your chance!
What do the Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs) do?
- provide City Council with advice, perspective and recommendations regarding important civic issues, or adjudicate upon particular City matters;
- bring together citizens and the City to achieve the common goal of strengthening the community;
- provide citizens with an opportunity to participate in the present and future direction of the City.
What does a Board, Commission or Committee volunteer role involve?
Providing guidance and recommendations to City Council on topics related to finance, accessibility, planning and urban issues, social wellbeing, and much more!
What are the perks of volunteering for the BCCs?
- have your voice heard by participating in the decision-making process;
- give back to the community and get involved with local government;
- gain great experience and make a meaningful contribution to your City!
How to apply to volunteer for the BCCs?
- Visit the list of positions available and read through the eligibility;
- Download, save and complete the Public Member Submission Form;
- Select up to two preferences that you wish to apply for;
- Hit “Apply”, fill out the required information and attach the completed Public Member Submission Form– * Failure to do so will result in submitting a blank form;
- Hit “Submit”. If you are appointed by the Council, the City Clerk’s Office will notify all successful applicants via email by the end of October.
More information: www.calgary.ca/boards
Word of the Day:
Perk (noun): here it is an informal word meaning advantage or benefit