The Summer 2021 FSWEP for student border services officers (SBSOs) is open for application!
- Student border services officers (SBSOs) will work with border services officers (BSOs) to determine the admissibility of people and goods to Canada;
- SBSOs do not carry a duty firearm and they work at international airports and mail processing centres in 19 cities across Canada, Calgary and Edmonton included;
- Most opportunities are full time from May to September 2021. Continued part-time employment may be possible in fall 2021 and winter 2022;
- Hourly rate of pay is $15.40 to $33.58 per hour.
To be considered for an SBSO position, you must:
- be a full-time student registered at a recognized post-secondary institution;
- be returning to full-time studies in the next academic term;
- meet the minimum age requirement to work in the province or territory where the job is located;
- You must also be willing to wear a uniform, work various shifts and overtime (as required) and have a valid driver’s license that allows you to operate a government vehicle (where required).
Preference may be given to students studying in a field related to the job, such as criminology, law, safety/security studies, psychology, sociology, customs border services or police studies.
Word of the Day:
Criminology: the scientific study of crimes and criminals