The Affordable Housing Review Panel is exploring ways to
- make Alberta’s affordable housing system more efficient and effective
- make affordable housing even more affordable and accessible for people with low income
The panel will examine legislation and how housing assets are funded and operated. Its work will be guided by 3 questions:
- How can we get more value for government spending on housing?
- How can the government address housing needs through the private market?
- What are the reasons people need subsidized housing and what role should government play?
To complete its work, the panel will:
- consider the supports required for Albertans in critical housing need
- analyze economic factors and housing market trends
- compare the approaches other provinces and territories are taking to affordable housing
You can get involved in this process by sharing your thoughts and suggestions on innovative and creative approaches to transform affordable housing.
Email your submissions to the panel at AffordableHousingReview@gov.ab.ca by August 31, 2020
Words of the Day:
Effective vs. Efficient: Effective means successfully producing a result that is wanted or intended. Efficient means achieving maximum productivity without wasting effort, materials, time or energy
More information: https://www.alberta.ca/affordable-housing-review-panel.aspx