Starting October 1, 2020, if your black cart is full and you have extra bags of garbage that will not fit, you will need to buy tags to put on extra garbage bags for pickup. If there is no sticker, your collection driver will NOT pick up the bag.
Where to buy garbage tags
- Tags are $3 eachand will be available starting in September;
- Buy at a participating convenience store or grocery store: Calgary Co-op or Circle K;
- Buy online at com/shop where tags are sold in bundles of five;
- Visit a Calgary Transit Customer Service Centre or City Hall Cashiers;
How to use the Black Cart tags
- Fill your black cart first then place extra garbage in a bag and tie closed.
- Peel off backing and wrap tag around the knot.
- On collection day, place tagged garbage bags 0.5 metres (2 feet) to the side of your black cart.
Please refer to the image above (image taken from the City’s website).