As of September 2020, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is resuming some programs and services that were suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some returning programs that affect individuals as of September 21 include appeals, collections, compliances activities, outreach activities and benefits validation.
How is this going to affect you, as an individual?
- In-person services are available such as free tax clinics for individuals.
- If you have not filed your 2019 income tax and benefit return, you may receive a phone call from a CRA employee to assist you in filing your return.
- If you still haven’t filed your 2019 tax return, you need to do so as soon as possible to avoid any future interruptions to your Canada Child Benefit (CCB) and/or GST/HST credit payments.
- You may receive a call or a letter from CRA about an outstanding balance. Should you owe money, CRA may be able to help by setting up a payment arrangement.
- You may be contacted about a filed objection, Canada Pension Plan (CPP)/ Employment Insurance (EI) appeal or application for relief of penalties and interest.
We now run the Free Income Tax Clinic program all year round! Fill out this form and book an online session with us today: https://settlementcalgary.com/isc-welcome/