As Canadians are being impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Canada continue to make investments in infrastructure that will
- create good jobs for Canadians;
- build stronger communities
- make our economy more sustainable and resilient.
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, has recently announced $10 billion in new major infrastructure initiatives.
The three-year Canada Infrastructure Bank’s (CIB) Growth Plan
- will help Canadians get back to work;
- is expected to create approximately 60,000 jobs across the country;
- will connect more households and small businesses to high-speed Internet;
- will strengthen Canadian agriculture;
- helps build a low-carbon economy.
The Growth Plan will invest in five major initiatives. Learn the details here: https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/10/01/prime-minister-announces-infrastructure-plan-create-jobs-and-grow
Word of the Day:Low-carbon: this word is used to describe an economy that relies on low-carbon power sources. A low-carbon economy generates less amount of greenhouse gas, especially CO2.