This year, Halloween will be slightly different. With COVID-19 still looming around, trick-or-treating will also be a bit different. The following are some tips from the Government of Alberta on how to have a ‘spooky safe’ Halloween.
- Choose costumes that allow your child to wear a non-medical mask. For children who are wearing a Halloween mask, they can wear a mask underneath as long as they can see and breathe comfortably.
- Go only with family or cohort members
- Stay in your community
- Carry hand sanitizer
- If you can, knock instead of pushing doorbells
- Wait until you’re home and have washed your hands before handling candy.
Handing out candy
- Print posters from Alberta.ca to hang in your window or place on your door to let trick-or-treaters know if you’re handing out treats this year or not.
- Wear a mask and use tongs or a grabber to hand out treats.
- Hand out candy from the driveway, open garage, or lawn instead of your front door.
For more information, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/halloween-during-covid19.aspx