The Government of Alberta just released more details on the International Border Testing Pilot Program. This program allows eligible international travellers returning to Alberta to participate in a pilot program aims to safely exploring reduced quarantine periods.
In order to participate, you will need to register to participate in the Alberta COVID-19 Border Testing Pilot Program up to 5 days before you plan to arrive.
- Returning Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Foreign nationals currently permitted entry into Canada (for example, immediate and extended family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents)
- Travellers exempt from 14-day quarantine, including essential service workers
- Travellers arriving on domestic flights into Calgary International Airport (for example, if you fly from Mexico to Toronto and then to Calgary, you are not eligible to participate)
- Non-exempt travellers proceeding to other provinces (participants must stay in Alberta for 14 days after entering Canada, unless they are departing the country directly from Alberta prior to the end of 14 days)
- Travellers who:
- have symptoms of COVID-19 at the time of entry to Canada
- have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days
- do not have an acceptable quarantine plan and/or need to quarantine at a federal quarantine site (does not apply to exempt travellers)
To learn more about how to participate or for more information, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/international-border-pilot-project.aspx