Here are some quick facts about Influenza and COVID-19:
- COVID-19 does not yet have a vaccine.
- Yes, people can have COVID-19 and influenza at the same time.
- Influenza compromises the body’s ability to fight other infections, including COVID-19.
- Influenza immunization (flu shots) can protect you against co-infection.
- One single case of variant Influenza A (H1N2)v has been detected in Alberta. It’s very rare and there’s no increased risk at this time.
Learn how to prevent influenza, where to get flu shots and check out the latest provincial update on COVID-19.
Word of the Day:Co-infection: the situation where a person is living with two or more viruses at the same time, e.g. infected with both influenza and COVID-19.