In Calgary, Elbow Island Park is located near the community of Mission in Southwest Calgary. Currently, some permanent, functional artworks done by local/national artists are being built into the existing park infrastructure.
This new area of artwork is called ‘The Wandering Island’. It will feature 6 pieces of art including:
- The Staircase – Caitlind r.c. Brown & Wayne Garrett
- Ephemeral Perch – Lane Shordee
- The Stepping Stones – Kablusiak
- Bridging Whirlds – Laura & Michael Hosaluk
- Sun Chairs – Susan Clarahan & Joel Staples
- Late Lunch – Jeremy Pavka & Sean Procyk
The pieces will be expected to be installed in fall 2020. The park is scheduled to reopen to the public in December 2020.
For more information, please visit https://www.calgary.ca/csps/recreation/public-art/elbow-island-park-public-art.html?redirect=/wanderingisland
Photo taken from City of Calgary website