On November 12, 2020, Premier Jason Kenney announced new temporary restrictions in Alberta in hopes of containing the rising cases of COVID-19. The temporary restrictions apply to Red Deer, Edmonton, Calgary, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge and Fort McMurray.
The following are mandatory measures:
- Bars, lounges and pubs will now stop serving alcohol by 10 PM and will be closing at 11 PM.
- 15 person limit on family and social gatherings
- Temporary ban on group singing, dancing and performing activities (November 13 – 27)
- Temporary ban on indoor group fitness classes and team sports (November 13 – 27)
- 50 person limit on wedding and funeral services (indoor and outdoor)
The following are voluntary measures:
- No social gatherings inside your home or outside of your community
- Instead socialize outdoors or in structured settings such as restaurants
- Faith based gatherings limited to 1/3 capacity at one time
- Wear a mask in all indoor work settings
- Limit of 3 cohorts: your core household, your school and one other sport or social cohort
- Employers in office settings should implement measures to reduce the number of employees in workspace
For more information, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx