Learn how to manage stress in challenging times with Alberta Health Services! Stress can affect people physically, mentally and emotionally. Many Albertans have identified feeling stressed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This introductory course includes a basic discussion of stress plus looks at different ways to manage stress, including 2 HeartMath® breathing techniques. The sessions are led by AHS Certified professionals. The sessions will:
- 1. Discuss the stress response;
- 2. Identify warning signs of stress;
- 3. Help participants make an action plan to address their own stress;
- 4. Review how emotions impact the body, brain, and overall health;
- 5. Demonstrate 2 practical stress-relieving breathing techniques;
- 6. Discuss how resilience can be enhanced through regular use of the breathing tools;
Part 1: Participants will come away with an understanding of the impact of emotions on the body plus an action plan to address their own stress.
Part 2: Discuss perception, decision-making and communication using the HeartMath® tools taught in Part 1. (Note that this is a continuation from concepts learned in Part 1, so completion of Part 1 is essential prior to taking Part 2.)
There are many dates that you may register for, these workshops are all free and virtual through Zoom. For more information, please visit https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/news/releases/2020/Page15708.aspx