Are you new in Canada and wondering where to make new friends and get information about community resources?
Canada Connects is for you!
Canada Connects is a free program offered by Calgary Catholic Immigration Society CCIS. Participating newcomer individuals or families are matched with volunteers who are Canadian citizens or longtime community members and
- build friendship and meaningful relationships
- find a sense of belonging in your new community
- be connected with various community resources
- learn about Canadian culture and improve your English
- And more!
Who is eligible for Canada Connects?
- Permanent residents and conventional refugees that have been in Canada under 12 months.
Be connected with a new friend today!
- Contact Nisrine by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 587-894-2149
* If you want to be a volunteer and help guide a newcomer or newcomer family, apply here: https://www.ccisab.ca/services/services-for/volunteers
Word of the DayLongtime: also spelled “long-time”, it is used to describe a person who has had a role or identity for a long time.