Welcome to today’s Residential Recycling & Disposal Info for Newcomers! Today, let’s learn how to properly recycle or dispose of leftover lotion, lotion bottle and tube!
- Put all types of lotion tubes into your black cart as garbage.
- It’s okay if there’s leftover lotion or cream inside the tube. You can put the whole thing into your black cart.
- First of all, any hand pumps/eye droppers should be placed in your black cart as garbage.
- Empty any leftover lotion or creams into your black cart and rinse out the bottle.
- If the bottle bears the recycling symbol 1-7, you can recycle it in your blue cart.
Leftover lotion, creams and ointments
- Squeeze out leftover lotion, creams, ointments and essential oils into the black cart as garbage.
The City of Calgary has a residential recycling and disposal search tool. Check out the “What Goes Where” list here: https://www.calgary.ca/uep/wrs/what-goes-where/a-to-z-listing.html#P
Word of the Day:Rinse: to wash with clean water