Did you know the Government of Alberta has a dental and optical assistance for seniors?
Seniors can be covered for select dental services up to a maximum of $5,000 every 5 years and are covered for select optical services up to $230 every 3 years.
In order to be eligible for the Dental and Optical Assistance for Seniors programs you must:
- be 65 years of age or older
- be an Alberta resident and must have resided in Alberta for three months immediately prior to applying
- be a Canadian citizen, or admitted to Canada for permanent residence (landed immigrants),
- have submitted a completed Seniors Financial Assistance programs application form,
- meet financial eligibility criteria.
You must complete and submit the Seniors Financial Assistance application form in order to access the Dental and Optical Assistance benefits.
Learn more about what’s covered, the exceptions and how to submit a claim at https://www.alberta.ca/dental-optical-assistance-seniors.aspx