The holiday season is a fun, exciting time for you and your family. However, we still need to stay vigilant and watch out for the things that may pose threats to the health and safety of our children.
Today, let’s take a look at some holiday safety tips for keeping the young ones safe and sound.
Parking lot safety
- Shopping malls are busier than usual during the holidays, even with new public health restrictions in effect.
- Drive carefully at crawl speed (no more than 15 km/h) in the parking lot of a shopping mall, especially when backing out of a parking space.
- Some decorative plants and flowers are poisonous to children. Check out: Poisonous and Non-poisonous Plants: An Illustrated List
- Keep button batteries out of children’s reach.
- Turn off decorative lights before going to bed or leaving home to prevent fire.
- Keep candles, lighters and matches out of children’s reach and sight.
- Dress yourself and your children properly for the cold weather. Watch our Smart Tip video: How to Prepare for Winter in Alberta and learn how.
- Make sure your children have the appropriate safety gear for winter outdoor activities.
Word of the Day:Decorative: making something look more attractive