Based on the new provincewide public health measures & restrictions announced on December 8, some services offered by the City of Calgary are being temporarily impacted.
- Bus services and C-Train are open but running with a reduced number of trips and frequency.
- Get the latest updates on changes to Calgary Transit service.
- Watch our Smart Tips video and learn how to ride transit in Alberta!
- Open with restrictions but the Village Square Leisure Centre location is closed.
- To receive assistance, visit the Municipal Building location (800 Macleod Tr. S.E.), call 311 or email FairEntry@calgary.ca.
- Watch a short video about Fair Entry and learn what subsidy programs are offered.
Calgary Public Libraries
- All Calgary Public Library locations are closed as of December 12 until further notice. All in-location services are temporarily suspended.
- You can still borrow books & materials through curbside pick-up services. Other available services include virtual events and programs, build a book bag, digital library, and more.
- More information: COVID-19 updates | Calgary Public Library (calgarylibrary.ca).
- Arenas, arts centres, athletic parks, pools, weight rooms and cardio, Calgary Soccer centres are closed.
- Outdoor activities such as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, skateparks are open.
- Outdoor skating rinks , such as the one in Olympic Plaza, are open with restrictions.
- For City-owned, partner-operated recreation facilities, please check with partners.
- More information: COVID-19 – Changes to City services and facilities (calgary.ca).
Garbage Collection and Recycling
- Blue, green and black carts pickup are all still open.
- Electronics recycling and donation bins and charities are open only at selected locations.
Youth Employment Centre
- Open with restriction, but no more in-person appointments.
- Online appointments and phone appointments (403-268-2490) are available.
Word of the Day:Suspend: to temporarily delay, exclude or remove