To help limit the spread of COVID-19 and following the new provincial public health restrictions, all Calgary Public Library locations are temporarily closed.
Does this mean you won’t be able to borrow books and materials?
Thanks to our hard-working library staff, you can still access books and materials through the Curbside Holds and Pickup Service which is available at all locations except for Rocky Ridge.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use this service.
- Visit https://calgarylibrary.ca/ and sign into your Library Profile
- Use the search bar (or advanced search) to find the books or materials you’d like to borrow. You can specify what you want to search, title, author even language!
- Place hold on the items you want to borrow and specify which community library you’d like to pick it up from. Of course you will want to choose the library that’s close to where you live.
- You will receive a notification in email telling you the holds are ready. Then arrive at the library when it’s open, call the posted pickup number. Staff will then prepare the items.
- Stay away from the entrance and wait while staff place the items on the pickup table.
- Once the staff goes back into the library, you can go ahead and pick up the items from the table.
Check out the hours of operation here: Locations | Calgary Public Library (calgarylibrary.ca)
Curbside Holds Pickup Service During Temporary Closure (video): https://youtu.be/rKv_SoE03XY