Did you know Calgary has trails specifically for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing? You may find some trails to do so in the following places:
- West Confederation Park – Foothills Nordic Ski Club, in partnership with The City is exploring the opportunity to provide cross country skiing.
- South Glenmore Park – maintained by Calgary Parks. Typically trackset on Wednesdays.
- Bowness Park – maintained by Calgary Parks.
- City of Calgary golf courses (details on website)
There are some rules to be followed:
- Do not remove or go under roped or barricaded areas.
- Follow all signs while on site.
- Yield to grooming equipment.
- Dogs are not allowed on the golf course.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times (2 metres).
- Foot traffic and snow shoeing – stay to the outside of the lane opposite the classic tracks.
This is a free activity for everyone, although other ski areas may charge user fees. View park’s webpage to check before you head out!
For more information, please visit https://www.calgary.ca/csps/parks/locations/cross-country-skiing.html